The Chief Election Commissioner Shri Rajiv Kumar launched a yearlong Voter Awareness Program ‘Matdata Junction’ during an event organized at Akashvani Rang Bhavan. The launch event was also facilitated by Election Commissioner Shri Anup Chandra Pandey. The Matdata Junction is a 52-episode radio series produced by the election commission of India, in collaboration with All India Radio.
Key Points related to Matdata Junction
- Matdata Junction is produced in collaboration with All India Radio.
- The Matdata Junction aims to connect with the voters across the country with the help of radio.
- The programs will be a combination of information and entertainment which will help to address the lack of concern of urban people and inform the audience.
- The information will be related to the election process in the conduct of free, fair, transparent, inducement-free, accessible, and inclusive elections.
- Shri Pankaj Tripathi would be the National Icon for the Election Commission of India.
- The 52 episodes will cover various aspects of the election and related processes from voters’ perspectives.
- The programs will be for 15 minutes and will be broadcast every Friday during the 7-9 PM slot on All India Radio.
- The All-India Radio Network covers 25 FM stations, 4 FM Gold stations, 42 Vividh Bharati stations, and 159 Primary Channels/local radio stations in 23 languages.