Elon Musk announced that the Twitter Blue Tick service will come with a monthly cost of USD 8 which is about Rs 660. Twitter Blue Tick service includes the coveted verified badge. This is a result to boost subscriptions and make social media networks less dependent on ads.
The verified badge, which is essentially a blue tick means Twitter has confirmed that the account belongs to a person or business claiming it. The service is free for all current and it will be the first time that users will be required to pay fees to keep their verified badge.
Twitter verified badge to cost $8 a month- Key Points
- Elon Musk in his tweet informed that prices will be adjusted based on the country and purchasing power parity.
- Musk also informed that subscribers will get priority in replies, mentions, and search which is essential to combat spam and scam.
- The subscribers will also be able to post long videos and audio and will come across minimal ads.
- Publishers who are willing to work with Twitter will get a paywall bypass and this will give Twitter a revenue stream to reward content creators.
- There will be a secondary tag below the name of public figures which is already visible on the profiles of politicians.
- Elon Musk has taken over Twitter last week for 44 billion USD.