State Bank of India (SBI) has signed an agreement with Usha International Limited (UIL) for empowering women entrepreneurs by providing financial assistance. The financial assistance will be provided under the Joint Liability Group model. This is the first of its kind collaboration between UIL and SBI in coming forward together for the upliftment of the social and economic status of women entrepreneurs in rural areas of the country by making them self-reliant and providing equal opportunity for achieving financial growth and inclusion.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
About the MoU:
- As per the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between SBI and UIL, branches of the bank in Uttarakhand, Delhi, Western UP, and NCR Haryana will be financing women entrepreneurs to Usha Silai School to purchase sewing machines for enhancement and up-gradation of technical sewing skills or to purchase thread of clothes, etc. Related to above for running their livelihood.
- UIL has already been providing necessary training to these women through USHA Silai Schools across the country.
- This relationship will bring a new synergy among the women entrepreneurs and lead towards holistic development, SBI has given the name ‘NAVCHETNA’ to this relationship.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- State Bank of India Founded: 1 July 1955;
- State Bank of India Headquarters: Mumbai;
- State Bank of India Chairman: Dinesh Kumar Khara.