Ennarasu Karunesan has been named as the International Association of Ports and Harbors’ (IAPH) official representative in India. IAPH is the world’s port industry’s forum for cooperation and excellence. Karunesan has over 33 years of leadership experience in the marine and port industries. He began his career in the port industry with the Mumbai port and later worked as the general manager of operations and CEO of the Westport Container Terminal in Port Klang, Malaysia, from 2001 to 2004.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- According to an IAPH press release, Ennarasu Karunesan relocated to India to serve as Director and CEO of Chennai Container Terminal Ltd., Dubai Ports World, and CEO of the Adani Ports & Special Economic Zone, Gujarat, India.
- Patrick Verhoeven, the managing director of the IAPH, stated that they are happy to have Ennarasu join them in order to raise their profile and activity with Indian ports.
- The IAPH can effectively represent their interests on a global scale, they feel, and Indian ports, terminal operators, and EXIM trading partners have a significant contribution to make to the global ports community in the areas of energy transition, data sharing, and resilience.
- In light of the significant expansion of Indian trade in the global economy, Ennarasu will educate them to the possible advantages of collaborating more closely with IAPH and its port member peers from across the world.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Managing director of the IAPH: Patrick Verhoeven