European Space Agency (ESA), is now developing its own probe to study Venus, for holistic view of planet from its inner core to upper atmosphere. The mission dubbed as “EnVision” will probably be launched to the planet in early 2030.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
About the EnVision
- EnVision probe of ESA will determine how and why Venus and Earth evolved so differently, even while being in the habitable zone to the Sun.
- ESA will undertake this mission with contributions from NASA.
- EnVision spacecraft will carry a range of instruments to study the planet’s atmosphere and surface, monitor trace gases in the atmosphere and analyse its surface composition. NASA would provide a radar to image and map the surface.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- European Space Agency Headquarters: Paris, France;
- European Space Agency Founded: 30 May 1975, Europe;
- European Space Agency CEO: Johann-Dietrich Worner.