A subsidiary of Reliance Infrastructure, SES Yamuna Power Limited (BYPL) has commissioned India’s first ‘Smart Managed EV Charging Station’ in the New Delhi. BYPL is backed by Bombay Suburban Electric Supply (BSES). It is executed by Fortum Charge & Drive, and it will be the first ever BYPL managed Smart EV Charging Station.
- The smart managed EV charging station can charge five Electric vehicles at the same time.
- This Station is located at BYPL’s 11 kV Sub Station building, which is in Mayur Vihar Extenstion in New Delhi.
- According to the company, more such smart EV charging stations will be rolled out in South, West, East and Central Delhi in the coming future.
- It is different from the conventional EV charging stations, as this EV charging station can be installed with the BYPL’s SCADA system.
- BSES is also preparing to play a major role in the emerging EV sector. BSES is planning to install more such smart EV charging stations for the public use.
Growing Demand of EV:
- The growing incidence of the EV charging load is also adding to the high power demand of the power utilities.
- DR compatible smart managed EV charging stations will increasingly play an important role in managing the power load through efficient management of the distribution network.
- This EV station is also Demand Response (DR) compatible and is an important demand side management (DSM) tool.
What is EV Charging?
An EV or Electric Vehicle Charging Station or network is a system of recharging electric vehicles at a developed infrastructure. Many governments, car manufacturers, and charging infrastructure providers are looking forward to create such networks. As of November 2020, the largest fast-charging location was in California with 56 charging points.