Former vice president Venkaiah Naidu has been conferred with the 25th Sri Chandrasekarendra Saraswathi National Eminence Award (SIES). The award was presented during the event held at Shanmukhananda auditorium, King’s Circle in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The awards are given in the fields of public leadership, community leadership, science and technology, and social thinkers who have made outstanding contributions in their respective fields. The SIES was set up in 1932 by M. V. Venkateshwaran in Mumbai.
Other Awardees in various categories:
- Public Leadership: Arif Mohammed Khan Governor of Kerala
- Community Leadership: Ratan Tata, an eminent industrialist
- Science and Technology: Dr Marthanda Varma Sankaran Valianathan, renowned cardiologist and Padma Vibhushan awardee
- Science and Technology: Prof Ajay Kumar Sood, Scientific Advisor to the Government of India
- Spiritual Leadership: Vishakha Hari Harikatha artiste.
About Venkaiah Naidu:
- Venkaiah Naidu was the 13th Vice President of India from 11th August 2017 to 11th August 2022.
- Prior to joining Modi’s Cabinet, he was the minister of housing, urban poverty alleviation, urban development, and information.
- He was a prominent leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and its National President from 2002 to 2004.
- He served as Minister for Rural Development in Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s government from 1996 to 2002.
About Sri Chandrasekarendra Saraswathi National Eminence Award:
- The Sri Chandrasekarendra Saraswathi National Eminence Award was instituted by SIES in 1998 in memory of late seer of Kanchi, Sri Chandrasekarendra Saraswathi. This award is given annually in the field of Public eminence, Community leadership, Science and Technology, Social thinkers and the International category.
- SIES was set up in 1932 by M. V. Venkateshwaran in Mumbai, Maharashtra.