International Federation of Association Football (FIFA), in partnership with the All India Football Federation (AIFF), and the support of the Union Government, launched the Football for Schools project in the country, which is aimed at broad-basing the beautiful game across India.
FIFA Secretary General Fatima Samoura, Union Minister for Education and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports Nisith Pramanik and AIFF President Kalyan Chaubey launched the initiative.
About the project:
- The FIFA project, which also aims to reach out to over 700 million children worldwide, would lay special emphasis on reaching out to all the tribal communities of the world.
- Samoura highlighted the importance of reaching out to youngsters across the country and the world with the language of football and teaching them life lessons to make them better citizens in the future.
- The project was born four years ago, in a discussion between FIFA and UNESCO, and the idea was to have USD 100 mobilised by FIFA to reach out to over 700 million children across the world. Our aim is to educate children on various topics, not just about football, and to make them better citizens of their country.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- All India Football Federation Founded: 23 June 1937;
- All India Football Federation Headquarters location: New Delhi;
- All India Football Federation President: Kalyan Chaubey;
- FIFA President: Gianni Infantino;
- FIFA Founded: 21 May 1904;
- FIFA Headquarters: Zürich, Switzerland.