Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare launched Tele Mental Health Assistance and Networking Across States (Tele-MANAS) on the occasion of World Mental Health Day.
The Tele-MANAS was launched virtually by the Sh. Thawar Chand Gehlot, Hon’ble Governor of Karnataka at National Institute of Mental Health and Neuroscience (NIMHANS) in the presence of Dr. K. Sudhakar, Minister for Health and Family Welfare and Medical Education Karnataka and Vice President, NIMHANS.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
Key Points related to Tele-MANAS
- Tele-MANAS aims to provide free Tele-mental health services all over the country round the clock.
- It aims to particularly cater to people in remote or under-served areas.
- The program includes a network of 23 Tele-mental health centers of excellence, with NIMHANS being the nodal center and the International Institute of Information Technology-Bangalore (IIITB).
- Technical support will be provided by the Indian Institute of Technology Bangalore, and the National Health Systems Resources Centre (NHRSC).
- The union government aims to open at least one Tele MANAS cell in each state and Union Territory.
- A toll-free number has been set up across the country allowing the callers to select the language of choice for availing services.
- Tele MANAS will be organized in a two-tier system, Tier 1 comprises state Tele MANAS cells which include trained counselors and mental health specialists.
- Tier 2 will comprise specialists at District Mental Health Programme (DMHP) resources for physical consultation and e-Sanjeevani for an audio-visual consultation.
Find More News Related to Schemes & Committees