FIFA World Cup 2022: What is Golden Boot?
The Golden Boot, is awarded to the World Cup’s top goal scorer, is presently tied for first place with five goals each between Lionel Messi and Kylian Mbappe, who will compete in the FIFA World Cup 2022 final game. A player who scores the most goals throughout the competition will receive the Golden Boot.
FIFA World Cup 2022: Kylien Mbappe wins Golden Boot 2022
What a match it was. It was probably one of the best finals ever. But in the end Argentina defeated France by 4-2 in penalty shootout after the match drawn 3-3 in the normal time. France Kylien Mbappe (8 Goals) won Golden Boot by out scoring Messi, who scored 7 goals in FIFA World Cup 2022.
Kylien Mbappe Golden Boot Winner FIFA World Cup 2022 About
French professional footballer Kylian Mbappé Lottin (born December 20, 1998) plays forward for Ligue 1 team Paris Saint-Germain and the France national team. Mbappé, one of the best players in the world, is known for his remarkable speed, dribbling skills, and finishing.
Mbappé started his professional club career in 2015 by playing for Monaco, where he won the Ligue 1 championship. He was born in Paris and reared in the nearby town of Bondy. Mbappé became the second-most expensive player and most expensive adolescent player in 2017 when he signed for Paris Saint-Germain for an eventual permanent move of €180 million. He was 18 years old at the time. He has four Ligue 1 championships, three Coupes de France, and is the club’s second-leading goal scorer all-time.
In 2020, he helped PSG in reaching their first UEFA Champions League Final.
Kylien Mbappe Golden Boot Winner FIFA World Cup 2022 Career
Mbappé earned his senior debut for France in 2017 at the age of 18 on the international stage. Mbappé became the second teenager, after Pelé, to score in a World Cup Final at the 2018 FIFA World Cup. He also became the youngest French player to score at a World Cup. He scored two of the two goals that helped France win the tournament, and for his efforts, he was named the French Player of the Year and Best Young Player at the FIFA World Cup.
With Mbappé scoring a hat-trick in the tournament final, winning the Golden Boot and Silver Ball, and becoming the all-time leading scorer in World Cup finals, France came in second place at the 2022 FIFA World Cup, becoming the competition’s all-time leading scorer.
The World Cup is not the only individual gold still up for grabs. The FIFA World Cup final will receive the Golden Boot, Golden Glove, and Golden Ball awards given to players who are remaining in the competition, three awardees might be determined throughout the final two games.
Golden Boot 2022 Winners: Who all are in the race?
- The race for the Golden Boot will undoubtedly be an exciting one with 64 games slated for the FIFA World Cup 2022.
- After Messi, Mbappe, Alvarez, and Giroud in the standings, there are just two more active players with multiple goals to their credit.
- At the FIFA World Cup 2022 in Qatar, the competition for the Golden Boot award, which is given to the tournament’s top goal scorer, has already begun.
- The top footballers in the world, including some footballing icons, will compete in Qatar 2022 for the coveted title.
- Germany’s Thomas Muller, who is competing in Qatar, has scored 10 goals in four World Cups, the most of any player (2010, 2014, 2018 and 2022).
- Miroslav Klose, a fellow German who scored 16 goals in four seasons, owns the record for the most goals scored in FIFA World Cups (2002, 2006, 2010, 2014).
- Former Brazilian striker Ronaldo, who has 15 goals to his credit, is Klose’s closest rival.
FIFA World Cup Golden Boot: Winners History
- FIFA World Cup 2022, after starting his career in 2006, Cristiano Ronaldo of Portugal became the first player to score in five straight World Cups. In the opening match against Ghana, the striker converted a penalty kick for his first goal in Qatar. Ronaldo currently has eight goals.
- The record for most goals scored by a male player in international football belongs to Cristiano Ronaldo.
- At the FIFA World Cup, Luis Suarez of Uruguay and Lionel Messi of Argentina are not far behind each other with seven goals each.
- Enner Valencia of Ecuador started the Qatar 2022 Golden Boot competition by scoring twice against the hosts of the tournament.
- Each game saw an average of more than two goals scored in each of the 21 previous FIFA World Cups.
What are the Golden Boot tiebreakers?
Tiebreakers are used if two or more players are tied for the most goals at the end of the championship game.
FIFA World Cup Golden Boot: Top goal-scorers at World Cup 2022
The FIFA World Cup 2022 finals features France and Argentina. Lionel Messi will compete for Argentina in the quadrennial match at the Lusail Iconic Stadium on Sunday, December 18, for the final time. This will be Messi’s final shot to add the World Cup, a prize that has eluded him throughout his remarkable career, to his sparkling cabinet.
The table below have the details of all the top goal-scorers of FIFA World Cup 2022.
|Cho Geu-sung||South Korea||2|
|Salem Al-Dawsari||Saudi Arabia||2|
|Giorgian de Arrascaeta||Uruguay||2|
FIFA World Cup 2022 Golden Boot: FAQs
Ques: Who won the Golden Boot 2022?
Ans: France Kylien Mbappe (8 Goals) won Golden Boot by out scoring Messi, who scored 7 goals in FIFA World Cup 2022.
Ques: Who won FIFA World Cup 2022?
Ans: Argentina defeated France by 4-2 in penalty shootout after the match drawn 3-3 in the normal time.