PhonePe, a homegrown fintech platform, announced the launch of its first green data centre in India, leveraging technologies and solutions from Dell Technologies and NTT. The facility opens up new opportunities in data management for PhonePe, with efficient data security, power efficiency, ease of operations, and cloud solutions. The centre will also help the company to build sustainable and efficient infrastructure to scale its operations across the country further seamlessly.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
What is Green Data Center?
- The Green Data Center is set to open up new opportunities in data management for PhonePe, with efficient data security, power efficiency, ease of operations, and cloud solutions. The center will also help the company to build sustainable and efficient infrastructure to further seamlessly scale its operations across the country.
- This 4.8-megawatt facility, which occupies 13740 sqft at Mahape, Navi Mumbai, is built and designed with advanced alternative cooling technologies like Direct Contact Liquid Cooling (DCLC) and Liquid Immersion Cooling (LIC). The data centre’s Dell PowerEdge servers will provide exceptional performance, simplified management, and intelligent automation while using less energy.
- Green data centres are the future of sustainable digital transformation. This deployment is an exciting showcase for the possibilities of new alternative cooling technologies that can help optimise power consumption in a data centre.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- CEO of Phonepe: Sameer Nigam
- Headquarters location of Phonepe: Bengaluru, Karnataka.