The first Youth20 (Y20) Inception Meeting 2023 under G20 began in Guwahati. Briefing the media ahead of the meeting Meeta Rajivlochan, Secretary, Ministry of Youth Affairs informed that Youth20 deliberations hope to reach out to youth and consult with them for their ideas for a better future.
Meeta Rajivlochan highlighted the Five themes of Y20 that is to be discussed in the three-day event, which are, Future of Work, Industry 4.0, Innovation and 21st century; Climate Change and Disaster Risk Reduction: Making Sustainability as a Way of Life; Peace Building and Reconciliation: Ushering in an Era of No War; Shared Future: Youth in Democracy and Governance; Health, Wellbeing & Sports: Agenda for Youth.
First Youth20 Inception Meeting 2023 Begins in Guwahati- Key Points
- Meeta Rajivlochan also informed that Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports, Anurag Singh Thakur will hold a ‘Youth dialogue’ with Y20 delegates followed by the launch of a white paper on various themes on 8th February.
- She noted that speakers will be discussing a very relevant topic to the Northeast which is Peacebuilding and Reconciliation. She said that there is a history of insurgency in the Northeast and this theme is very relevant to the people of Assam and the entire North East.
- At the panel discussion, two surrendered insurgents of ULFA and NDFB will also participate in the panel discussion.
- Kalyan Chakravarthy, Principal Secretary of Government of Assam informed that the state government along with the Ministry of Youth Affairs had taken up several initiatives to make the youth aware of Y20 and involve them in the process of nation-building.
- He informed that around 36 educational institutes of Assam participated in the seminars, debates, workshops, and quiz competitions organized on the 5 themes of Y20. He further informed that around 4000 schools participated in the Y20 activities.