Flipkart has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Department of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME) and Mines of Government of Karnataka to promote the arts, crafts and handloom sector of Karnataka.
About Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
- This MoU providing market access through a Flipkart e-commerce platform and to increase the local business of Karnataka.
- This MoU will unite the Flipkart Samarth Programme with the brands based in Karnataka like Cauvery and Priyadarshini Handlooms, part of Karnataka Handlooms Development Corporations.
- This will benefit the MSME through skills of branding, digital marketing and financial management and showcase the high-quality products which are made by local artisans. This will promote the local handlooms and handicrafts to the consumers across the nation.
What is Samarth Programme of Flipkart:
Flipkart’s Samarth works with Non-governmental organisations(NGOs) and government bodies to support a large number of entrepreneurs in the rural areas, enterprises led by women, differently-abled people, artisans and weavers with the issues related to the access of working capital, poor infrastructure and training. The programme supports more than 5lakh artisans, weavers, and MSME units across the nation.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Flipkart Chief Executive Officer (CEO): Kalyan Krishnamurthy.
- Chief Operating Officer (COO): Sriram Venkataraman.
- Head Office: Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Karnataka chief Minister: B. S. Yediyurappa.
- Governor of Karnataka: Vajubhai Rudabhai Vala.
- Capital of Karnataka: Bengaluru.