As per the Forbes Real-Time Billionaires List, India’s richest person, Gautam Adani has now also become the fourth richest person in the world, leaving behind Microsoft founder Bill Gates. This increment came as Gates announced that he would be donating $20 billion of his wealth to his non-profit organisation — Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Elon Musk is the richest person with a $230 billion net worth, followed by Bernard Arnault of Louis Vuitton at the second spot and Amazon’s Jeff Bezos at third on the list.
- Mukesh Ambani was placed 10th on the Forbes list (net worth: $88 billion).
- In February this year, Adani overtook fellow countryman Ambani to take Asia’s richest spot on the back of the jump of his personal fortune, which made him the world’s biggest wealth-gainer this year.
The top three richest business tycoons in the world are:
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk: $234.4 billion
- Bernard Arnault: $154.9 billion,
- Amazon chief Jeff Bezos: $143.9 billion