Union Communication Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw said that UPI and Rupay card services will be available in France soon, giving a huge boost to the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) and Rupay cards. The overseas branch of India’s National Payments Corporation (NPCI) has inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with France’s Lyra Network for the acceptance of UPI and Rupay in the country.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- So far, countries such as Singapore, the United Arab Emirates, Bhutan, and Nepal have adopted India’s UPI payment system.
- The NPCI International is in discussions to expand UPI services in the United States, Europe, and West Asia.
- Indian travellers will be able to make smooth payments throughout their trip to France thanks to an agreement between NPCI International and Lyra Network.
- Jawed Ashraf, an Indian ambassador in France, spoke about his experience with a seamless and transparent digital payment system and how beneficial it may be in France.
Importnat Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Minister of Railways, Communications and Electronics & Information Technology: Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw
Find More News Related to Agreements