General Atomic Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) and Bharat Forge Limited, India have announced a partnership to manufacture main landing gear components, subassemblies, and assemblies of remotely piloted aircraft. Bharat Forge is the largest repository of metallurgical know-how, design, engineering expertise, and manufacturing prowess in India.
GA-ASI Announced Strategic Partnership with Bharat Forge to Manufacture Aerostructures- Key Points
- GA-ASI is confident that the collaboration with Bharat Forge will result in significant capability-building for both companies and provide an impetus to the Indian large, unmanned aircraft industry.
- GA-ASI is an affiliate of General Atomics, is a leading designer and manufacturer of proven, reliable, remotely piloted aircraft systems, radars, electro-optics, and related mission systems.
- GA-ASI provides long-endurance, mission-capable aircraft with Integrated sensor and data link systems required to deliver persistent flight that enables situational awareness and rapid strike.
- The company also produces a variety of ground control stations and sensor control analysis software, offers pilot training and support services, and develops meta-material antennas.
- Bharat Forge Limited has a state-of-the-art, digitally integrated manufacturing, assembly, and testing facility for aerospace components and systems.
- It manufactures structural and engine parts and subsystems for aircraft and engines for both civil and military applications.