The Ministry of Rural Development recently launched the Gender Samvaad Event. It is a joint initiative between DAY-NRLM and IWWAGE. The main objective of the Gender Samvaad event was to create awareness of gender-related interventions under the DAY-NRLM. DAY-NRLM is Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana National Rural Livelihood Mission. IWWAGE is Initiative for What Works to Advance Women and Girls in the Economy.
About Gender Samvaad
- It provides opportunities to understand the best practices of other states to improve women agencies.
- For instance, facilitating women’s access to land rights and their engagement in Farmer Producer Organisations, establishing strong institutions for public service delivery, best practices around food, nutrition, health and water and sanitation.
- It helps to understand Gender Interventions globally.
- Also, the event provides opportunities to engage with experts on suggestions to handle implementation barriers.
- It aims to promote the need to focus on gender issues.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Union Minister of Rural Development: Narendra Singh Tomar.