Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Giriraj Singh has launched the 1st Edition newsletter “Matsya Sampada” fisheries and aquaculture published by the Department of Fisheries and the operational guidelines of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY). This newsletter will be published on a quarterly basis.
About Matsya Sampada:
- Matsya Sampada is aimed to educate the fishers and fish farmers on the latest advancement in and best practices in fisheries and aquaculture.
- This newsletter will serve as a communication platform in informing the development in the sector to the stakeholders like fishers, fish farmers and the entrepreneurs all over the country and assist them with their businesses.
- The PMMSY flagship scheme was launched by the Government of India in May 2020 with Rs.20050 crore as an investment.
- The scheme focuses on sustainable and responsible development in the sector of Fisheries and aquaculture. PMMSY is the largest investment in the fisheries sector with more than 100 activities.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Minister of State in the Ministry of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries: Sanjeev Kumar Balyan.