The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) has launched an online discovery platform for startups called “Startup India Showcase”. The main aim of this website is to make a repository of India’s most promising startups that have proved their capabilities, from across sectors such as fintech, enterprise tech, social impact, health tech, and edutech, among others.
About “Startup India Showcase”:
- The startups mentioned on the website will be handpicked by experts and will go through multiple screening and evaluation rounds.
- The listed firms will also be considered by the government and corporate buyers as potential suppliers of goods or services.
- Each startup has its own profile page, with detailed information about its product and innovation, as well as video and PDF links.
- The platform will also act as an online networking portal, by mentioning LinkedIn and Twitter pages of the founders.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Minister of Commerce and Industry: Piyush Goyal.