The state government of Gujarat has announced a ‘Digital Seva Setu’ programme to ensure optimum utilisation of technology for public welfare in rural areas. The program has been initiated under the Centre’s BharatNet Project.
‘Digital Seva Setu’ program:
- Under the ‘Digital Seva Setu’ program, public welfare services will be made available in all the 14,000-gram panchayats in the state by connecting village panchayats through an optical fibre network.
- Each village panchayat will get e-gram office so that villagers will not have to go all the way to taluka or district-level offices. All the gram panchayats will be connected to the state data centre at Gandhinagar.
- Initially, 20 services will be offered to villagers under the programme like ration cards, affidavits and certificates for widows, residence, caste, senior citizen, language-based minority, a religious minority, nomad-denotified, and income certificates at their doorstep.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Gujarat Chief Minister: Vijay Rupani.
- Gujarat Governor: Acharya Devvrat.