Google acquire Mandiant: Google for $5.4 billion acquired Cybersecurity company Mandiant has been fully acquired according to Thomas Kurian, CEO of Google Cloud. Mandiant in order to assist organisations in managing threats, incidents, and exposures better will join Google Cloud. Mandiant is renowned for discovering the shocking SolarWinds hack.
Google acquire Mandiant: Key Points
- The SolarWinds breach, which was allegedly carried out by cyberterrorists with support from Russia, affected a number of large businesses, including tech titans like Intel, Cisco, VMware, and Nvidia.
- The Russian hackers gained access to private information belonging to multiple US government entities, at least one hospital, and a university by installing malware in the Orion software offered by the IT management firm SolarWinds.
Google acquire Mandiant: Benefits of the Mandiant company acquisition
- With this organizations will be able to continuously check assets for exposures by integrating Mandiant‘s attack surface management capabilities into Google Cloud’s portfolio.
- It allows intelligence and red teams to shift security programmes from reactive to proactive in order to understand what is exposed, misconfigured, and vulnerable.
- The partnership between Google Cloud and Mandiant and their dedication to multi-cloud will encourage more collaboration, spur innovation in the cybersecurity sector, and strengthen threat research capabilities.
Important Takeaways for All Competitive Exams:
- Google CEO: Sundar Pichai
- Google Cloud CEO: Thomas Kurian
- Accenture Security Global Lead: Paolo Dal Cin