Google has announced that it will be rolling out its generative AI chatbot Bard in over 180 countries, including India. Bard is a large language model (LLM) that can generate text, translate languages, write different kinds of creative content, and answer your questions in an informative way. It is still under development, but it has learned to perform many kinds of tasks, including
- I will try my best to follow your instructions and complete your requests thoughtfully.
- I will use my knowledge to answer your questions in a comprehensive and informative way, even if they are open ended, challenging, or strange.
- I will generate different creative text formats of text content, like poems, code, scripts, musical pieces, email, letters, etc. I will try my best to fulfill all your requirements.
Google says that Bard is being rolled out to more countries and languages in order to make it more accessible to people around the world. The company also says that it is working on improving Bard’s capabilities so that it can be even more helpful to users.
Bard’s rollout in India is significant because it is one of the world’s largest markets for smartphones and internet users. Google is hoping that Bard can be a valuable tool for Indians who are looking for information, entertainment, and productivity assistance.
About the Bard:
- In 2022, Google announced that Bard would be available in the United States and the United Kingdom. It is likely that the company will continue to roll out Bard to other English-speaking countries first.
- In addition, Google has a strong presence in Asia, so it is likely that Bard will be available in many Asian countries. Some of the countries that are likely to be included in the initial rollout include India, China, Japan, and South Korea.
- Finally, Google has a global presence, so it is likely that Bard will eventually be available in most countries around the world. However, it is possible that some countries may not be included in the initial rollout due to technical or regulatory challenges.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Google Founders: Larry Page, Sergey Brin;
- Google Parent organization: Alphabet Inc.;
- Google Headquarters: Mountain View, California, United States;
- Google CEO: Sundar Pichai (2 Oct 2015–).