Union Minister of State for Electronics and Information Technology Rajeev Chandrasekhar announced that an Electronics Manufacturing Cluster is to be developed in the Ranjangaon area of Maharashtra. The Electronics Manufacturing Clusters will be developed for ₹500 crores. Electronics Manufacturing Clusters are expected to generate thousands of jobs in the coming years and will attract an investment of over ₹2,000 crores.
Key Points related to Electronics Manufacturing Clusters in Maharashtra
- Union Minister Rajeev Chandrasekhar informed that the Electronics Manufacturing Clusters have been approved to make Maharashtra into an electronics hub.
- The government will invest upto ₹500 crore in this project.
- The Electronics Manufacturing Clusters project has joined Tamil Nadu, Noida, and Karnataka in making an aggressive pitch to emerge as a powerful electronic hub.
- The government to contribute ₹207.98 crores in the development of the Electronics Manufacturing Clusters in Ranjangaon.
- The overall cost of development of the EMC is likely to be ₹492.85.
- The Central Government will contribute ₹207.98 crores and the rest will be contributed by the Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC), the State Industrial Agency of the Maharashtra Government.