BSE Technologies announced the launch of the KYC Registration Agency KRA, which maintains KYC records of investors in an electronic form. BSE Technologies is a subsidiary of BSE. KRA is a Sebi-regulated intermediary that grants the marker participants authorization for investors’ Know Your Client. KYC is Mando for investment in the securities market.
Key Points related to KYV Registration Agency KRA
- KYC KRA has become a key segment for securities market investors and acts as a starting point for any investor’s journey in the security market.
- BSE group has played a pioneering role in transforming the Indian capital market.
- Sebi issued fresh guidelines for KRA in April, whereby such agencies will have to independently validate the KYC records of all clients from 1st July.
- The guidelines inform that KRAs need to independently validate records of those clients whose KYC has been completed using Aadhaar as an Official Valid Document (OVD).
- The records of those clients who have completed KYC using non-Aadhar OVD will be validated only upon receiving the Aadhar number.