Gujarat has been declared as a 100 percent ‘Har Ghar Jal’ state. In Gujarat, households in rural areas have access to safe drinking water through taps under the ‘Har Ghar Jal’ mission. About 91,73,378 houses in the state have water connections according to the government record. Prime Minister Narendra Modi congratulated the state and people of Gujarat who has shown their enthusiasm for the Jal Shakti mission.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
Key Points related to Gujarat as a 100 percent ‘Har Ghar Jal’ state
- Gujarat has achieved this milestone on the occasion of the Gujarati New year.
- The ‘Har Ghar Jal’ was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2019.
- The ‘Har Ghar Jal’ aims to make available 55 liters of water per person every day to each rural household through household tap connections by 2024.
- Under the mission, 91.73 lakh households have been provided with water tap connections in Gujarat.
- The 100 percent coverage of rural households is possible by laying 63,287 kilometers of distribution pipelines, 3,498 underground pumps, setting up 2,396 high ranks, 339 wells, 3,985 tube wells, 324 mini schemes, and 302 solar-powered drinking water distribution systems.
- Gujarat has achieved 100 percent water tap connections two years ahead of the 2024 deadline.