Defence Minister Rajnath Singh celebrated Shaurya Diwas at Old Air Field, Srinagar. The Shaurya Diwas marks the 75th year of induction of the Indian Army to save the state of Jammu and Kashmir from Pakistan’s invasion in 1947. The Shaurya Diwas is celebrated as a part of celebrations for Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav and the 75th year of Air landed operations of the Indian Army at Budgam Airport.
Key Points related to Shaurya Diwas
- The Shaurya Diwas celebration event was felicitated by J&K Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha, Amry Chief General Manoj Pande, Lieutenant General Upendra Dwivedi, GOC-in-C, Northern Command, Air Marshal S Prabhakaran.
- Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Western Air Command, Lieutenant General ADS Aujla, General Officer Commanding, 15-Corps along with several other civil and military dignitaries were part of the event.
- The replication of the historic event was organized at Old Air Field.
- The event aims to pay obeisance to the brave soldiers and people of Jammu and Kashmir who laid down their lives.
- The event also honored the Next to Kin of war heroes, who participated in the 1947-1948 Indo-Pak war.