The Government of Gujarat announced, that it plans on undertaking public welfare projects worth Rs. 1,000 crores jointly with non-resident Gujaratis by December 2022. The projects will be under the state government’s ‘Vatan Prem Yojana’. The Yojana was launched in Gujarat focusing on rural development through public and state contributions.
Under this scheme:
- The state government will undertake various rural development projects and activities.
- This scheme will be undertaken with 40% state government’s contribution and 60% contribution from the general public.
- The state government has invited Non-Resident Gujaratis and NRIs are also invited to contribute.
- This scheme aims to provide them with an opportunity to change their love for the nation into service for the nation. This scheme aims at making the rural areas self-reliant. It is an important step in the holistic development of villages.
Projects covered under the Vatan prem yojana will cover village-level projects such as:
- Smart classes in schools and Library
- Community hall, Primary health centre and Anganwadi
- CCTV surveillance system,
- Water recycling, drainage, sewage treatment and beautification of ponds.
- Solar energy powered streetlights, etc.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Gujarat Chief Minister: Vijay Rupani;
- Gujarat Governor: Acharya Devvrat.