Gujarat Government has signed a 5-year Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Denmark in the water sector. The state government arm Gujarat Water Supply and Sewerage Board has signed the MoU with ‘Danish Water Forum’ through an online interactive platform.
- This MoU will help in technology exchange, training, capacity building, knowledge exchange, cooperation in water supply, wastewater treatment- reuse and water management between the two organizations.
- MoU has been signed for a five-year period in order to set up the Indo-Danish Water Technology Alliance in Gujarat and contribute to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goal -6.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Danish Water Forum Chairman: Hans-Martin Friis Moller
- Danish Water Forum HeadQuarters: Hørsholm, Denmark
- Gujarat Chief Minister: Vijay Rupani.
- Gujarat Governor: Acharya Devvrat.