HAL Unveiled HLFT-42
The Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has unveiled the Hindustan Lead-in Fighter Trainer (HLFT-42) design of the scale model at the 14th edition of Aero India 2023 held in Bengaluru. The HLFT-42 aircraft design includes a unique rail art of the Hindu God Maruti, symbolizing strength, speed, and agility. HAL did a project named HF42 Marut. Marut means spirit of the winds. The aircraft similar configuration.
HAL Unveiled Next Gen Supersonic Trainer HLFT-42 at Aero India 2023- Key Points
- The HLFT-42 aircraft has the tagline “The Storm is coming”. It is the Next Gen Supersonic Trainer.
- The HLFT-42 will play a critical role in modern combat aircraft training state-of-the-art avionics.
- The electronics include Active Electronically Scanned Array, Electronic Warfare Suite, Infrared Search, and Track with Fly by the Wire control system.
- The Ministry of Defence noted that the trainer was the need of the hour and it is expected that it will fill the gap between training and combat conditions.
- Apart from this, the HAL is also set to showcase its range of products and technologies centered on the theme “Innovate. Collaborate. Lead”.
- The HLFT-42 is being displayed at the Aero India 2023 for the first time.
Why were the Hanuman Pictures Removed from the HLFT-42 Trainer by HAL?
HAL unveiled the design for the HLFT-42 Trainer aircraft. The design of the trainer included images of Hanuman embossed on the aircraft. After the unveiling, the pictures of the Supersonic aircraft surfaced on the internet.
The users pointed out that the armed forces of the country should not be seen as representing any religious communities. The HAL Chairman and Managing Director CB Anathakrishnan informed that after several discussions, HAL has decided to remove the images of Hanuman as it is not appropriate and it may trigger the citizens of the country.
Aero India 2023
Aero India 2023 is a biennial air show and aviation exhibition which is held in Bengaluru at the Yelahanka Air Force Station from 13th February to 17th February 2023. Aero India 2023 is organized by the Defence Exhibition Organization, Ministry of Defence. The theme of Aero India 2023 is “The Runway to a Billion Opportunities”.
Aero India 2023 is being organized by the Defence Ministry of India, the Indian Air Force, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited Defence Research and Development Organization, the Department of Space, the Union Civil Aviation Ministry, and others. The first edition of Aero India was held in 1996.
You may also read this: