Important Happy Diwali 2022 Facts: The Sanskrit word Deepavali, which means “row of lights,” is whence Diwali gets its name. The event represents the triumph of light over evil. The Hindu lunar calendar is used to determine the exact day of this celebration each year. Weeks before the holiday, preparations are made for the Diwali celebrations. In this article we would know some very interesting facts about the festival of Diwali.
Important Happy Diwali 2022 Facts Which Everyone should Know:
On this auspicious day, lights, candles, diyas, and rangolis are used to decorate homes, businesses, and other structures. We can see illuminations everywhere. People get together with their friends and family to exchange gifts and treats. On Diwali 2022 night, people pray to Lord Ganesha and Lakhsmi, the Goddesses of Wealth, for wealth, health, and prosperity. Children and adults play with sparklers and crackers. Through this article, let’s learn 17 fascinating and little-known facts about the Diwali holiday.
According to numerous myths, the Diwali festival commemorates Rama’s victory over Ravana. According to legend, Lord Rama, Sita, and Lakshmana arrived in Ayodhya on this day. The residents of Ayodhya decorated the area and lit diyas as a way to greet Rama, Sita, and Lakshmana. Jain claimed that Lord Mahavira gained “moksha or salvation” on this day.
Important Happy Diwali 2022 Facts: Significance of Diwali
- In India, the religious holiday of Diwali is significant. Due to their distinct beliefs and values, Sikhs and Jains join Hindus in celebrating the festival of light.
- Diwali-related facts and customs have a nearly three-millennia-old heritage.
- However, because of the various religions, mythologies, and extensive history, there are no precise dates.
- The term Diwali, or Deepavali as it is often known, is derived from the Sanskrit term for “row of lights” in the ancient Indian language of India.
- Every year, the exact dates for Diwali vary and are entirely determined by the lunar cycle.
- The grandiose event is observed for five lengthy days, with each day honouring various customs and principles.
Important Happy Diwali 2022 Facts: Diwali and the associated Festivals
- Dhanteras 2022 (or Dhanatrayodashi) is observed on Day 1 and Naraka Chaturdashi, Naraka Chaturdashi (or Chhoti Diwali) on the second, Lakshmi Puja on the third, Annakut (or Govardhan Puja) on the fourth, and Bhai Duj on the fifth (or Bhau-Beej).
- The goddess of wealth and prosperity, Lakshmi, celebrates her birthday on this day according to mythology as well.
- The deity is thought to have been born on the same day as the Samudra Manthan.
- As a result, on the occasion of Diwali, people especially lighted diyas and lamps in honour of Lakshmi, the Hindu goddess of wealth, in order to facilitate her entrance into people’s homes and bring prosperity.
- Lord Ganesha, the god of intelligence, is revered alongside Goddess Lakshmi. Worshiping the pair represents using intelligence to unlock the way to wealth.
Important Happy Diwali 2022 Facts: Different Beliefs
- Diwali is celebrated as Kali Puja in the Bengali region. The slayer of evil powers is frequently worshipped by worshippers in Kolkata, the city of joy.
- In the midst of the holiday, Diwali’s astonishing bright and ornate displays breathe life into the nation. Delhi and Rajasthan are two of the cities where Diwali celebrations are celebrated.
- Buddhists observe Diwali to remember the moment when Emperor Ashoka embraced Buddhism in the third century BCE.
- The warring nations of India and Pakistan only come together to celebrate Diwali when they put their animosity aside and work together to celebrate joyous occasions and trade sweets.
- Leicester, England, is thought to host the largest Diwali festivities for its residents outside of India.
- Fiji, Guyana, Malaysia, Mauritius, Myanmar, Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Trinidad & Tobago are among the nations that observe Diwali as a national holiday.
- Diwali, which heralds the onset of winter, also represents the opening of new business accounts and a new sowing season.
The spiritual significance of Diwali is centred on the victory of good over evil or light over darkness. Diwali will be observed this year on October 24. To recognise the significance of the light festival, numerous cultural events are planned across the nation.
Important Happy Diwali 2022 Facts: FAQs
Ques. How is Diwali 2022 celebrated facts?
Ans. People dress their best for Diwali, decorate the inside and outside of their homes with diyas and rangoli, hold Lakshmi worship rituals to honour the goddess of riches and success, light fireworks, and attend family feasts where mithai (sweets) and gifts are exchanged.
Ques. What does Happy Diwali mean?
Ans. Festival of Lights: Diwali Diwali, also known as the Festival of Lights, is one of the most important holidays in India. There will be tasty food, fireworks, coloured sand, and unique candles and lamps during the five-day event. Hindus interpret the Diwali narrative differently depending on where they are from.
Ques. What are 3 traditions of Diwali 2022?
Ans. Diwali is traditionally observed by donning vibrant traditional attire, illuminating the interior and exterior of homes with rows of lamps or other lights, and setting off fireworks. Additionally, there are church services, a sizable traditional feast, and a gift-giving ceremony.
Ques. What food is eaten on Diwali?
Ans. On each day of the festival, puris—traditionally deep-fried in pricey ghee and hence opulent in every way—replace flatbreads and are served with a different dal, vegetable curry, fried snacks like pakoras, also known as “namkeen” or “farsan,” and a pudding.