The Income Tax Department participated in the Government of India’s month-long Special Campaign for Swachhata which ends on 31st October, 2022. This day (31st October) marks the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel and is also observed as the National Unity Day.
About The Initiative:
- It was launched on the occasion of National Unity Day to increase greenery and create micro forests.
- Under this initiative, the Income Tax Department resolves to increase the green cover by planting trees and creating micro-forests in and around Income Tax Department’s buildings and other public areas.
What Are Micro- Forests:
- A micro-forest is a small, planted forest that maximises tree density and biodiversity.
- The Miyawaki method, which was devised by Japanese botanist Akira Miyawaki in the 1980s, is a technique to create micro forests over small plots of land.
- Achieving this goal requires planting a wide variety of plants in a fairly dense manner so that the plot of land has different layers of a forest such as shrubs and canopies and not just trees.
- Plants typically require anywhere between eight to nine months of care before reaching a point where the micro forest becomes self-sustaining.
This Is The Kind Of Questions from National Affairs Which Has Been Asked Recently In The Examinations:
Jigyasa has been launched by the government of India. Which of the following is correct about it:-
1)This programme is implemented by the CSIR in collaboration with Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan.
2)The main focus of the programme is to connect school students and scientists.