Haryana government has launched a mobile water testing laboratory van, fully equipped with a multi-parameter system containing analysers, sensor, probes and instruments meant for assessing water quality.
Water quality in Haryana is mainly affected by constituents like total dissolved solids (TDS), fluoride, nitrate, iron and alkalinity. This initiative work under the Jal Jeevan Mission, which aims to provide tap water to rural households by 2024, is being done on a war footing and it gives a lot of emphasis on water quality surveillance and monitoring.
About mobile water testing laboratory van
- This mobile water testing lab is GPS-enabled for location tracking. The analysed sample data can be transmitted to a centralised Public Health Engineering Department server via GPRS/3G connectivity with power backup.
- It also provides on-site recording and reporting of results through a smartphone or similar device with the ability to send results direct to a web-based secure central server.
- This mobile van also has a fully automated sensor-based analysis controlled by centrally commanded software.
- The LED display unit in the mobile lab gives an instant display of the results immediately after analysis.
- The lab is capable of measuring different water quality parameters like pH, alkalinity, TDS, hardness, residual chlorine, zinc, nitrate, fluoride, turbidity and micro-biological test of water samples.
- It will help in quickly identifying the water quality problem on the spot at a site.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Governor of Haryana: Satyadeo Narayan Arya.
- Chief Minister of Haryana: Manohar Lal Khattar.