India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) has signed a 300 million US dollar loan to finance inclusive and sustainable water supply and sanitation infrastructure and services in 14 secondary towns of the state of Rajasthan. The project aims at providing better quality and more sustainable Water Supply and Sanitation (WSS) services in the project towns. it will improve quality of life in these towns, including for the poor and vulnerable after signing the loan agreement.
About the Project:
- The investments in WSS with 10-year operation and maintenance contracts will ensure improved and sustainable service delivery in line with the State Government’s urban sector development plan.
- The project will empower urban local bodies, and strengthen their institutional capacity, deepen sector reforms, and build the resilience of communities to manage health pandemics.
- Through the project, water supply systems in at least eight project towns are expected to improve by 2027, benefiting more than 5 lakh 70 thousand people. Citywide sanitation systems will benefit about 7 lakh 20 thousand people in at least 14 secondary towns.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Chief Minister of Rajasthan: Ashok Gehlot; Governor: Kalraj Mishra.
- President of Asian Development Bank: Masatsugu Asakawa.
- Asian Development Bank Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines.
- Asian Development Bank Founded: 19 December 1966.