Haryana is the best State in Anemia Mukt Bharat (AMB) Index with 46.7 among 29 states in the country. Further, in the year 2019-20, the state had achieved 93 per cent of immunization. This information came to light during the 8th Governing Body Meeting of the State Health Society of the National Health Mission (NHM) in Chandigarh. The meeting was presided over by the Haryana chief secretary, Vijai Vardhan.
About Anemia Mukt Bharat:
- The Anemia Mukt Bharat, an initiative of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and UNICEF, has been launched to reduce the prevalence of Anemia all over India.
- Notably, there are 34 National Programmes being run under the National Health Mission (NHM).
Anemia is caused due to iron deficiency. This condition lacks enough healthy red blood cells to carry adequate oxygen to your body’s tissues thus making the person feel tired and weak.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Haryana Capital: Chandigarh.
- Haryana Governor: Satyadev Narayan Arya.
- Haryana Chief Minister: Manohar Lal Khattar.