HDFC Bank launched programme for Bharat, to onboard 1 lakh customers
HDFC Bank has launched a retail banking initiative called ‘Vishesh‘ aimed at customers in semi-urban and rural areas. The bank is hoping to attract around 100,000 new customers through the programme, which involves increasing its branch network and developing bespoke financial products for the market segment. HDFC Bank plans to add 675 branches in rural and semi-urban areas by 2024, with the total number expected to reach almost 5,000.
HDFC Bank launched programme for Bharat: Key Points
- The bank has already created a ‘Classic’ programme for HNI customers, which will be hived off under the new scheme.
- Features of the Vishesh programme include personal bankers, discounts on processing fees and access to healthcare.
- Furthermore, the bank will engage with rural seniors such as teachers and key officials who are instrumental to village growth.
- The program boasts several features, including a personal banker assigned to each member, expandable coverage for up to 8 family members, and up to a 50% discount on gold loan processing fees and a waiver on valuation fees once per year.
- Additionally, processing fees for construction equipment, tractors, personal, business, auto, and two-wheeler loans are eligible for up to a 50% reduction.
HDFC Bank’s programme for Bharat: Benefits
Beyond financial benefits, the program also offers daily Hospicash benefits for up to 5 days, an annual preventive health check-up allowance of up to Rs 3,000, an annual complimentary and cashless health check-up, unlimited TeleHealth consultation, and agritech services such as soil testing, agri advisory, drone spraying, and agri machinery rental available through partnerships.
The program also includes a distinctive customer engagement model where rural seniors such as sarpanches, teachers, and other key officials are acknowledged for their vital contributions to village growth and progress.
Also Read: GetVantage secures NBFC licence from RBI