HDFC Bank inaugurated an all-women branch in Kozhikode, north Kerala. Mayor of the city Corporation Beena Philip opened the branch of HDFC Bank. As of March 31, 2022, women made up 21.7% (21,486) of the workforce, according to the bank. By 2025, the private lender wants to raise it to 25%. Deals beyond a certain threshold require regulator approval, which keeps an eye on unethical business practises in the marketplace.
HDFC Bank All-Women Branch:
The launch of the all-women branch of HDFC Bank, according to Sanjeev Kumar, Branch Banking Head, South (Tamil Nadu, Puducherry & Kerala), is yet another illustration of their efforts to advance gender and diversity initiatives of the HDFC Bank
HDFC Bank: All you need to know about the Mergers
- The Competition Commission of India, a fair trade watchdog, granted approval for the merger of HDFC Bank and its parent company HDFC ltd last week (CCI).
- In the proposed merger, HDFC Investments and HDFC Holdings will first combine with HDFC Ltd, and then HDFC Ltd would merge with HDFC Bank.
- The largest housing finance company in the nation, HDFC Ltd, announced in April that it would combine with HDFC Bank.
- Deals beyond a specific threshold need regulator permission, which maintains an eye on unethical commercial activities in the marketplace.
HDFC Bank fixed deposit:
- HDFC Bank increased interest rates on fixed deposits under Rs. 2 crore.
- HDFC Bank raised the interest rate on fixed deposits with a maturity date of one year by 15 basis points, from 5.35% to 5.50%, and it also raised the interest rate on fixed deposits with a maturity date of one year, one day, to two years by 15 basis points, to 5.50%.
- HDFC Bank is offering the highest interest rate of 6.10% for the general public and 6.60% for the senior citizens on fixed deposit that are maturity in 3 years 1 day- 5 years
- For maturities between 5 years and 10 years, HDFC Bank‘s fixed deposit interest rate will stay at 5.75%.