Hero MotoCorp has joined hands with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd to set up charging infrastructure for electric two-wheelers in the country. As a part of the initiative, the two companies will first establish charging infrastructure at Hindustan Petroleum Corporation’s (HPCL) existing network of stations, with the likelihood of subsequently broadening the collaboration for supplementary business opportunities.
In the first phase:
- The charging stations will be set up in select cities, which will then be expanded to other key markets with the aim of establishing a high-density of EV charging station network across the country.
- The two-wheeler major will lead the infrastructure development for the charging network with each charging station featuring multiple fast chargers, including DC and AC chargers that will be available to all two-wheeled EVs.
- The entire user charging experience will be controlled by a Hero MotoCorp Mobile App, based on a cashless transaction model.
- The company is planning to launch its first electric model next month.
- With our vast network comprising more than 20,000 retail outlets and Hero MotoCorp having its strong presence in the two-wheeler segment bring a unique strategic partnership to create a pan-India electric charging infrastructure and provide end-to-end EV charging solutions.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Hero MotoCorp Founded: 19 January 1984;
- Hero MotoCorp Founder: Brijmohan Lall Munjal;
- Hero MotoCorp Headquarters: New Delhi;
- Hero MotoCorp CEO: Pawan Munjal.