Hindustan Copper (HCL) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad for a collaborative and sponsored research project. It is a momentous occasion for HCL as it is the first technical collaboration with IIT (IMS) Dhanbad. It is the only copper miner in India owning all the operating mining leases of copper ore in the nation.
Hindustan Copper Signed MoU with IIT (Indian School of Mines) for Technical Support- Key Points
- The MoU addresses the needs of HCL for technical assistance, guidance, and consultancy work from IIT-ISM.
- HCL needs assistance in enhancing copper ore production through modifying mining methods with the application of state-of-the-art Technologies.
- Improvement of productivity and safety in mines, environmental clearance issues, and various Hydrological & Hydro-geological studies.
- Also, in areas of unconventional exploration methods like Geophysical exploration, Remote Sensing, etc.
- Hindustan Cooper’s principal activities include the mining of copper ore and the concentration of copper ore into copper concentration through a beneficiation process.
- It also works for smelting, refining, and extruding of the copper concentrate into refined Copper in downstream saleable products.
About Hindustan Copper Ltd
Hindustan Copper Ltd (HCL) is a central public sector undertaking under the ownership of the Ministry of Mines, Government of India. HCL is the only vertically integrated government-owned copper producer in India engaged in a wide spectrum of activities ranging from smelting, refining, and extruding of the copper concentrate into refined Copper in downstream saleable products.