In Telangana, Hyderabad City Police along with Hyderabad City Security Council(HCSC) has launched a programme called “She Triumphs through Respect, Equality, and Empowerment” (STREE) to support and empower women victims of domestic violence and abuse.
About STREE programme:
- This programme starts to promote a common platform for all women to join together and work with police to deal with issues related to women’s safety and security.
- The objective of the programme is to raise awareness among the women on their rights, entitlements, laws and support systems & also to build a network of partners to ensure women’s safety, equality and empowerment.
- The local police will engage women from different sections of the society & will set up an STREE group at the police station as part of the programme.
- A proactive woman will be selected as a volunteer from each group to form as SABALA Shakti.
- The members of the group consisting of representatives from Non-Governmental Organizations(NGOs) or from the Department of Women and Child Development, an advocate and the local Station House Officer (SHO).
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Telangana government celebrates 2nd June as the Telangana Formation Day.
- Chief Minister of Telangana: K. Chandrashekar Rao.
- Governor of Telangana: Tamilisai Soundararajan.