Women in Engineering, Science, and Technology (WEST) is a new I-STEM (Indian Science Technology and Engineering Facility Map) Initiative. The WEST initiative was launched by Dr. Pravinder Maini, Scientific Secretary, Office of Principal Scientific Adviser (PSA) to the Government of India. The WEST program aims to empower women to contribute to the science, technology, and innovation system. I-STEM is a national web portal that is used to share research equipment/facilities and is the umbrella under which many programs for promoting collaborations in R&D, and technological innovation among and between academia and industry.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
Key Points related to Women in Engineering, Science, and Technology (WEST)
- WEST initiative is the base for the I-STEM to provide a separate platform for scientifically inclined women researchers, scientists, and technology.
- This platform will encourage them to pursue research in basic or applied sciences in frontier areas of science and engineering.
- Women can join WEST and explore opportunities to become stakeholders in various domains and pursue careers in R&D at various levels.
- The skill development program of the WEST initiative provides training for women with S&T backgrounds to strengthen their abilities.
- It will also help to bring women back into S&T domains after a career break.
- I-STEM will provide a platform for women researchers to deliberate on achievements, issues, and exchange ideas on taking India towards advanced science and technology.
Find More News Related to Schemes & Committees