The International Cricket Council (ICC) has made a significant announcement, revealing a thrilling collaboration with Mastercard, which is set to become a Global Partner for the upcoming ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023. Scheduled to take place in India from October 5 to November 19, 2023, the partnership between Mastercard and ICC is poised to enhance the cricketing experience for fans worldwide.
ICC Welcomes Mastercard as Global Partner for ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 with Enthusiasm
The ICC has conveyed its excitement in embracing Mastercard as a worldwide partner for the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023. It underscores the substantial experience that Mastercard brings to sports partnerships and its seamless alignment with the ICC’s overarching goal of enhancing the cricketing experience for fans all over the globe. This collaborative endeavor is set to link customers, cardholders, and ardent cricket enthusiasts to a realm of invaluable opportunities throughout the course of the tournament.
Unique Privileges for Mastercard Cardholders
Mastercard’s legacy of sports sponsorships is set to reach new heights through this collaboration, offering its cardholders and customers unparalleled access to the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023.
Some of the privileges that Mastercard cardholders can expect include:
- Exclusive Pre-Sale Window: Cardholders will enjoy a 24-hour pre-sale window for purchasing tickets, ensuring they secure their seats before the general public.
- Meet Cricket Legends: A dream opportunity awaits as cardholders will have the chance to meet and interact with cricket legends, an experience that promises to be truly memorable.
- Proximity to the Trophy: Mastercard cardholders will get up close and personal with the Men’s Cricket World Cup trophy, an opportunity to be near cricketing history.
- Unparalleled Match Day Access: The partnership aims to provide unique access on match days, allowing cardholders to witness the games from vantage points and perspectives like never before.
- Flagbearer Program for Young Fans: Children of Mastercard cardholders aged between 12-18 years will have the chance to participate in the flagbearer program, becoming an integral part of the World Cup’s grandeur.
- Attractive Offers on Official ICC Merchandise: Mastercard will offer a range of attractive discounts and offers on official ICC merchandise, allowing fans to commemorate the event in style.
Mastercard, a leading global technology company in the payments industry, is dedicated to establishing an inclusive, digital economy that benefits people worldwide. Through secure data, networks, and partnerships, Mastercard’s innovative solutions facilitate secure and accessible transactions, ultimately empowering individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses to realize their full potential.
The International Cricket Council (ICC) serves as the global governing body for cricket, overseeing 108 members and managing the sport’s administration and major international tournaments. From the ICC World Test Championship Final to the ICC Men’s and Women’s Cricket World Cups and T20 World Cups, the ICC plays a pivotal role in promoting and developing the game across the globe.
The ICC also upholds professional standards through its Code of Conduct, manages the appointment of umpires and referees, and takes measures against corruption and match-fixing through its Integrity Unit. Through its Development department, the ICC collaborates with Associate Members to enhance international cricket quality, grow the game, and foster cricketing systems.
A New Era of Fan Engagement: Mastercard-ICC Partnership Redefining the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023
As the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 approaches, the partnership between Mastercard and ICC promises to redefine the fan experience and celebrate the global passion for cricket. With exclusive privileges and unparalleled access, this collaboration is set to make the tournament an unforgettable event for cricket enthusiasts and Mastercard cardholders alike.
Key takeaways for competitive examinations
- Chief Marketing and Communications Officer at Mastercard: Raja Rajamannar
- Chief Executive Officer of ICC: Geoff Allardice