ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Final
ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Final: Australia won the Women’s T20 World Cup for the sixth time when they beat South Africa by 19 runs in the final at Newlands. Opening batter Beth Mooney anchored the Australian innings, scoring an unbeaten 74 in a total of 156 for six. Victory for the Aussies is their sixth in Women’s T20 World Cup history and completes a hat-trick of tournament wins under captain Meg Lanning after their triumphs in 2018 and 2020. Australia’s previous victories came in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2018 and 2020.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
ICC Women’s T20 World Cup: Key Awards
- Australia’s Ashleigh Gardner is the winner of the ICC Player of the Tournament award. The outstanding Gardner took ten wickets and smashed 110 runs in Australia’s triumphant campaign, playing a huge part in helping the team to a sixth Women’s T20 World Cup title.
- Beth Mooney is Player of the Match for her excellent half-century. Beth Mooney top-scored with 74*.
ICC Women’s T20 World Cup: Brief scores
- Australia 156-6 in 20 overs (B. Mooney 74 not out; S. Ismail 2-26, M. Kapp 2-35) vs South Africa 137-6 in 20 overs (L. Wolvaardt 61).
- Result: Australia won by 19 runs
- Toss: Australia
You may also read this:
- Rudrankksh Patil Won gold in 10m Air Rifle at ISSF World Cup 2023
- Spain’s Sergio Ramos announced international football retirement