IDFC First Bank has introduced a sticker-based debit card, called FIRSTAP. The launch is in association with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). The FIRSTAP is launched to facilitate transactions by simply tapping the sticker on a Near Field Communication (NFC) enabled point-of-sale terminal.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exam
IDFC FIRST Bank Launched India’s First Sticker-Based Debit Card FIRSTAP – Key Points
- The launch of sticker-based debit cards is in line with the bank’s customer-centric philosophy. The number of transactions being carried out via contactless cards is growing fast.
- As a customer-first bank, IDFC claims to be committed to using contactless technology for frictionless digital transactions.
- With stickers as the form factor in the wearable category, the debit card is convenient to carry around and enables fast check-out.
- The sticker-based debit card is one-third the size of a regular debit card, thus, making the sticker applicable to a wide range of devices and objects.
- As per the company, customers can affix the sticker-based debit card on any surface of choice, such as cell phones, identity cards, wallets, AirPodsand airpod cases.
- The object can be used to tap and pay, thus doing away with the need to carry a debit card or adapting to wearable devices such as watches and rings, or entering a UPI PIN after scanning a QR code.
Find More News Related to Banking