IDFC FIRST Bank has announced the launch of ‘Ghar Ghar Ration’ Program, an employee-funded program for its low-income customers whose livelihoods are affected by COVID-19. The bank has also announced a comprehensive program for the families of employees who unfortunately lost their lives due to COVID-19, and a number of other social responsibility initiatives.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
About the “Ghar Ghar Ration”
- “Ghar Ghar Ration” is a unique program where employees have contributed from their personal income to set up a Customer COVID Care Fund to provide relief to 50,000 COVID affected low-income IDFC FIRST Bank customers.
- Employees of the Bank contributed one day to one month’s salary for the purpose.
- Employees are procuring ration kits comprising 10 kg rice/flour, 2 kg dal (lentils), 1 kg sugar and salt, 1 kg cooking oil, 5 packets of assorted spices, tea and biscuits and other essentials needed to support a small family for about a month.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- IDFC FIRST Bank CEO: V. Vaidyanathan;
- IDFC FIRST Bank Headquarters: Mumbai;
- IDFC FIRST Bank Founded: October 2015.