The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi has been placed at the 28th position in the Top 50 of Times Higher Education Global Employability University Ranking and Survey (GEURS). IIT Delhi is the only Indian institute to rank in the top 50. The varsity was ranked 27th last year.
IIT Delhi Ranks in top 50 of Times Higher Education Employability Rankings- Key Points
- It is followed by IISc at rank 58 and IIT Bombay at rank 72. A total of seven Indian universities have ranked it in the top 250.
- Three US institutes have taken the top 3 positions including Massachusetts Institute of Technology, California Institute of Technology, and Harvard University, respectively.
- The University of Cambridge and Stanford University have retained their position of fourth and fifth, respectively.
- The University of Oxford rose from eighth to sixth position this year while the University of Tokyo from Japan has slipped from sixth to seventh this time.
- Yale University which was ranked seventh last year has slipped to 10th position.