Indian Institute of Technology Madras’ Centre for Memory Studies recently hosted virtually Asia’s first International Memory Studies Workshop. Indian Network for Memory Studies (INMS), the first national network in the field in Asia under the aegis of the International Memory Studies Association, Amsterdam.
About the workshop:
- This international workshop on Memory Studies, the first of its kind in Asia, precedes the official launch of the Indian Network for Memory Studies (INMS).
- The launch of the INMS will take place in mid-June 2021 through a virtual event at IIT Madras.
- The international Memory Studies Workshop also proved to be a promising platform that brought together academics from Kashmir, Orissa, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Kerala, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Delhi, Rajasthan, Jharkhand among others as well as from the University of Warwick and Leeds Beckett University, UK.
Key objectives of this International Memory Studies Workshop are:
- To provide a pioneering scholarly platform to train and mentor doctoral and postdoctoral researchers in Memory Studies.
- To align interests from different disciplinary locations and identify research convergences to foster institute-level collaborations in India as well as internationally.
- To facilitate the emergence of research methods and innovative, interactive, immersive tools in Memory Studies with the aid of digital technologies.
- To facilitate the formation of research clusters and networks academically as well as with industry partners.