IIT Roorkee has been selected by the prestigious Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for the Industrial Innovation Awards. IIT Roorkee bagged the first position under the Most Innovative Research Institutions category this year. Last year, IIT Roorkee was adjudged as ‘The Most Innovative Institute of the Year’ for its innovation quotient.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
The following parameters define the innovation ecosystem:
- Institutional strategies and research depth.
- Innovation portfolios (sponsored research, IPR generation, translational research).
- Initiatives by the institution to promote and champion innovation.
- Innovation Impact (industry-academia partnership, international collaboration, technology transfer, societal impact, etc.)
The following innovations have contributed to IIT Roorkee being selected for this award
- Visco-elastic Energy Dissipating Link Elements for Earthquake resistant housing construction by Prof. Pankaj Agarwal, Dr Amit Goyal, Dr Nidhin and Mr Naveen, all from the Department of Earthquake Engineering.
- Nitrogen-Doped Reduced Graphene Oxide (N-rGO) for High-Performance Supercapacitor from Prof. Anil Kumar and Dr Sahil Thareja from the Department of Chemistry.
- Novel hybrid adsorbent for simultaneous removal of arsenic and fluoride from contaminated water by Prof. Prasenjit Mondal, Dr Vineet, Rahul, Hemant, Dr Lokendra and Shubhi, all from the Department of Chemical Engineering.