India has been re-elected to International Maritime Organisation (IMO) Council for the 2022-2023 biennium under category B states. The Assembly of the International Maritime Organization has elected the Members of its Council for the 2022-2023 biennium. The Council is the executive organ of IMO and is responsible, under the Assembly, for supervising the work of the Organization.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Candidates for IMO Council:
- Category (a) 10 States with the largest interest in providing international shipping services:
China, Greece, Italy, Japan, Norway, Panama, Republic of Korea, Russian Federation, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and the United States.
- Category (b) 10 State with the largest interest in international seaborne trade:
India, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, United Arab Emirates.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- International Maritime Organisation Headquarters: London, United Kingdom;
- International Maritime Organisation Founder: United Nations;
- International Maritime Organisation Founded: 17 March 1948.