The online rural education initiative ‘Pahal’ was officially launched by Chief Secretary Durga Shankar Mishra at Government UP Sainik Inter College in Sarojini Nagar. This program, developed through a partnership between the Department of Secondary Education and IIT Kanpur, aims to provide education to rural communities through online platforms.
Overview of the news
- In the initial phase of the program, 10 government secondary schools in the state will offer free online education as part of the ‘Pahal’ initiative.
- During his speech, the chief secretary expressed his appreciation for the introduction of the online rural education program, considering it a positive and promising start.
- The online classes will provide students from rural areas with up-to-date knowledge in the fields of science and mathematics. As part of the event, the rural online education program was launched in 10 government schools in Uttar Pradesh.
- In the near future, this service will be extended to 40,000 schools across the state. Emphasizing the importance of skill, scale, and speed, Chief Secretary Durga Shankar Mishra mentioned that Prime Minister Narendra Modi has advocated for these principles.
- The approach entails acquiring knowledge, expanding its reach, and ultimately benefiting the entire population by leveraging technology. Mishra emphasized that the goal of reaching a larger audience will be achievable only when the people of the state embrace and utilize technology effectively.
You may also read this: