The Union Minister of Earth Sciences, Science & Technology, Dr Harsh Vardhan virtually inaugurated the web-based application “Digital Ocean”. It has been developed by Hyderabad-based Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS) an autonomous organization under M/o Earth sciences. Digital Ocean is a first of its kind digital platform for Ocean Data Management.
WARRIOR 4.0 | Banking Awareness Batch for SBI, RRB, RBI and IBPS Exams | Bilingual | Live Class
About “Digital Ocean App”
- Digital Ocean is a step towards Prime Minister’s vision of Digital India, to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy
- Digital Ocean will serve as a one-stop-solution for all the data related to the ocean.
- It will help to share this knowledge about the ocean with a wide range of users including research institutions, operational agencies, strategic users, the academic community, maritime industry and policymakers, as well as general public and the common man that too free of cost.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Director of INCOIS: T. Srinivasa Kumar.
- INCOIS Founded: 1998.
- Headquarters of INCOIS: Pragathi Nagar, Hyderabad.
Find More Miscellaneous News Here